SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - There's a shakeup at the statehouse, with lawmakers resolving leadership battles on both sides of the aisle.
Illinois Senate Democrats tonight picked Chicagoan John Cullerton to become their leader, putting him in line to become Senate president in January.
And Senate Republicans resolved a leadership battle of their own. They elected Christine Radogno of Lemont, making her the first woman to win 1 of the Legislature's top leadership posts.
Cullerton and Radogno will start their new jobs in January when a new General Assembly is sworn in.
It will be the first major changes in the Springfield cast of characters since 2003, when 3 of the four legislative leaders entered their current positions.
- The President of the United States
- The United States Senate
- The United States House of Representatives
- The United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court Decisions
- Governor of the State of Illinois
- Lieutenant Governor of the State of Illinois
- Illinois Attorney General's Office
- Illinois Secretary of State's Office
- Illinois Comptroller's Office
- Illinois State Treasurer's Office
- Illinois General Assembly
- Illinois Compiled Statutes
- Effingham County Government
- Effingham County Polling Locations