Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Re-Elect Leigh Hammer, Effingham County Coroner


  • Member of the Illinois Coroner’s and Medical Examiner’s Association (ICMEA)

  • Executive Board ICMEA serving as District 4 Director

  • Appointed by the Department of Child and Family Services to the Southern Illinois Region Child Death Review Team

  • Business and Professional Women

  • St. Anthony of Padua Church

  • Appointed Coroner in 2003; elected in 2004

“I would like for the citizens of Effingham County to understand that even though I am running unopposed in this year’s election I do not take my job for granted or the trust that my constituents placed in me four years ago. I will continue to work hard, be sincere and remain committed to the task of serving Effingham County. As a medical professional my entire working career, 12 of those years as a registered nurse, I will use that working knowledge and training to perform the duties of coroner. I will use my knowledge of the state laws to direct my authority as coroner. I will continue to educate the general public and other government entities in regards to the responsibility and protocol of the coroner’s office."


"With the relocation of the coroner’s office to county building in April 2008, the office has become more efficient than ever before and more accessible to the public and staff. I am proud of the strides that have been made within the staff and the physical office, but there is still more to be done. The safety of my staff, as first responders, while providing essential services to the citizens of county will be one of the focuses of my next term of office. I will continue to modernize the coroner’s office, saving time and taxpayers dollars. I would appreciate your continued support on November 4th.”

No comments:

Democrat Elected Officials

  • Effingham County Board Distric G-Doug McCain
  • Effingham County Treasurer - Steve Dasenbrock
  • Effingham County Board District C - Karen Luchtefeld

Effingham County Democrats Officers

  • Chairman - Audrey Griffith
  • First Vice Chairman - Dan Niebrugge
  • Second Vice Chairman - Allen Wente
  • Secretary - James Hammer
  • Treasurer - Shirley McEvers