Thursday, August 14, 2008
Democrats DWARF Republicans at State Fair
Chairmen and others: Thanks again for the wonderful turnout and brunch the Democratic County Chairmen’s Association had at the Crowne Plaza yesterday morning. The energy and enthusiasm there were phenomenal. You are to be commended. We could not have done it without you.
Please see the article on the link below. The Illinois Republican Party had their equivalent brunch/event this morning. Reportedly, they had 150 people there. Someone who was there said it was more like about 20 with the rest being disinterested people apparently there for the free food only.
I love the Republican Party Chairman’s explanation: they did not have to bus people in but we did. Actually, we bussed NO ONE in. Many counties brought their own buses, paid for by individuals or the counties themselves, just to attend our Democratic brunch.
The only thing that upsets me with this article is that the reporter made our numbers too low. We had 1,700 people when you include all the standing room only people.
IL Democratic County
- The President of the United States
- The United States Senate
- The United States House of Representatives
- The United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court Decisions
- Governor of the State of Illinois
- Lieutenant Governor of the State of Illinois
- Illinois Attorney General's Office
- Illinois Secretary of State's Office
- Illinois Comptroller's Office
- Illinois State Treasurer's Office
- Illinois General Assembly
- Illinois Compiled Statutes
- Effingham County Government
- Effingham County Polling Locations